Monday, June 2, 2008

Macs are awesome. Macs don't break. Be cool, get a Mac.

I followed all of that advice and my freaken week old Mac is already giving me problems. I bought the computer on Friday, May 23rd and on Saturday, May 31st Safari wouldn't open. I did some research on Sunday with my sister's Macbook only to discover this is a common problem. Wonderful. From what I can figure out, when I agreed to download and install the new Mac updates offered to me BY MAC I messed up Safari because Safari can't run with the updates. How am I supposed to know that? Oh, the curses that flew from my mouth. Lots of curses. Like a truck driver.

Tonight I have to go to the Genius Bar and be all sweet and nice so that some genius will fix my computer. I had planned on eating dinner, walking the dog, watching Greek and last night's Denise Richards' show. My night has been ruined. Wish me luck.

As for USA's In Plain Sight....mixed feelings. I didn't even watch the whole show, but dvr'd it. I was planning on squeezing that in tonight, but that won't be happening. I caught some of Password and liked that. I was in the dining room eating dinner while mom and Grandma sat in the living room watching the show. Grandma couldn't see the word and kept asking mom to tell her what it was. I was trying to guess, but knowing the word made the game too easy. I got almost all of my guesses right. I had to join them in the living room and yell out clues for Neil Patrick Harris. Ya know, just in case he could hear me. Yes, I know the shows were pre taped.

I did see Sex and the City and really liked it. It was fun! I was not let down. I was a bit scared by the ladies who were like 47-ish seated throughout the theater. They were really excited, like clapping, whistling and hooting excited. I hope they just had too many cosmos before the movie. Then again, the movie was a 5:30 Sunday showing and not so sure how I feel about those ladies drinking so much, or anyone for that matter, on a Sunday afternoon? Hmmm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it wrong that I've been half-hoping my current laptop breaks down so I can get a shiny new Macbook? I really, really can't afford one, but part of me keeps thinking, "But if your crappy Dell breaks down, and you NEED a computer, you might as well get a top-of-the-line laptop."

This is the evil part of me. I call him Dave.

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

i need to spend time at the genius bar this weekend for my macbook (dead battery?) AND my ipod. curses.

Carolyn said...

It was my crappy Dell that broke and forced me to buy the Macbook. I could've gone Dell again, but wanted to be cool. Damn peer pressure. I'll never learn. Not even after the 80s and the 2 pairs of slouch socks work together or the banana hair clips.

Kristen- dead battery? Your Macbook is still new, too. I really hope I didn't make a mistake with this purchase.

adam ___________________ said...

All computers will have probelms -- unfortunately. But I've definitely had next-to-none with my mac and I had tons with my PC.

But, food for thought, I always use Firefox instead of Safari as a browser. You may want to think about downloading that.

And I also have an older pre-Intel mac laptop. So I may not be the best person to ask.

As for SATC, I also enjoyed it. But I was also spaired the cosmo-ladden middle age women. :)

nickolas said...

macs are the worlds best computers and yes safari can run with updates your friend messed it up