Friday, May 30, 2008

Nothing of Importance


I am experiencing a bit of "blogger's block" this week. There's no explanation for it, not even laziness. I'm at work in a cube all day and totally have the time to blog, but nothing comes to mind. That's half true- I plan to blog about the "summer season" but need time to formulate my thoughts (a few shows: new- In Plain Sight, Swingtown; returning- Army Wives, The Closer). I will do that this weekend since the season does in fact start Sunday. Unless you are counting CBS's Elite XC Saturday Night Fights that is on tomorrow? Seriously, is anyone counting that? ::crickets:: Summer reading has already started and I'm having a blast, which is another post appearing soon.

I've decided to just blog some random thoughts and things that happened this week....

I'm reading Tori Spelling's book, why did she feel the need to write a book? I know, I know, she knew fools like me would buy it. In my defense, it was a birthday present. Fine it was on the top of my list which is why it was purchased for me. Anyway, I don't know what to think of her as a person. She seems to have the same friends since high school which means there's something good and kind about her, but she doesn't seem to realize she's a spoiled brat at times. I suppose most spoiled brats don't realize that?

An alarm clock fell on my head the other day. I had it high up on a shelf while I was moving things around, and BAM. Right on my head.

A girl sat next to me on the LIRR the other morning. She was a new graduate. I could tell by her appearance, the spiral notebook with a title about orientation for some financial company on her lap, her morning perkiness, upbeat attitude and her severe lack of train etiquette. She removed a Tupperware container from her bag where inside she had what appeared to be Sheppard's Pie. It's not even 7am! I'm sure it was actually breakfast meat and cheese on some kind of weird hard shiny looking bun (gross), but still not cool for a morning train ride when you sit next to other people! Of course it smelled, and bigger of course, she chewed with her mouth open. I was hoping to be able to read Tori's book in peace, but had to put on headphones and blast some music while reading, just to tune her out. If I had coffee and was evil I might've accidentally spilled it on her. Remember when you were being prepared for interviewing and there would always be the question, "What do you if you get to the interview and right beforehand you spill coffee on your blouse?" Heh.

I got sucked into a mini marathon of John & Kate Plus 8. I used to watch the show, then stopped and now I'm back thanks to the marathon. I love that family. The kids are so darn cute. They can't pronounce the letter "L" correctly. "I have a boo boo on my yeg." Love it. Kate has calmed down which must be nice for John.

Yeah, I watched the horrible Denise Richards' show and the Lohan one. Both were terrible. There's no point to either and even less for Denise's. At least Dina Lohan can pretend she's doing everything to help Ali's "singing and acting" career. But Denise? She needs acting lessons, STAT. What's that you say, it's not scripted? Like I said, she needs acting lessons. It was pointed out to me that there's no point for The Hills either. Ok, good point, but Denise Richards' show still bugs me. She's not likeable. Same goes for the Lohans. Ali's Long Island accent, ugh. As a Long Islander I'm comfortable in calling her out on how bad it is. Call Denise, get a deal on acting lessons and work on your speaking voice.

"Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea." Get it, now. Seriously. I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. Oh, it's by Chelsea Handler.

My dog and I are both scared of the dark yet decided to walk at 10:00 the other night. I swear at one point I thought I'd have to carry him home. A street lamp was out, that part of the block was very dark and he froze.

Speaking of walking around the neighborhood, is it wrong that I look in windows? From the street, people. What kind of perv do you think I am? Blinds are open and I'm fascinated by looking in the windows. So many people have ginormous flat screen televisions. So many people watch American Idol; Nielsen isn't lying about that. I bet anyone reading this is going to make sure their blinds are pulled down tonight before sitting down to eat junk food and watch The National Spelling Bee.

I got a macbook. So far, so good.

My nephew graduated from preschool. He's more than ready for kindergarten, but I don't know if I am ready for that. For him, not me. I'd gladly go back if only for the naps (we never appreciate them until they are gone from our daily routine). He's getting so big so fast! But he gets funnier every day as does his little sister. They seriously crack me up.

I'm thinking about telling my boss I drive to work. He knows I take the train, but maybe I can convince him otherwise? I read an article over at CNN about companies letting workers work 4 days a week to save money on commuting. How much does that rock? Although around here, I'd probably only get paid for four days.

Clay Aiken to be a dad? Oohkay.

1 comment:

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

can we just talk about how much better looking Charlie has gotten with age? I loved him on this show, but it does not compare to him as JACK on lost!