Monday, January 21, 2008

And here it goes...

Thoughts #1. Today is Monday. That's pretty much all I've got! Seriously. So you're still reading because you think I'm kidding? Fine. I'll say more. I'm supposed to be writing today. Finishing a one hour script for TV. I'm always "finishing" a script. It's better than saying, "Yeah, I'm still staring at a blank screen. Day 44 of that." Using the word "finishing" makes people happy which makes me happy. But yeah. There's currently a black vertical line flashing at the top of the Final Draft page and it's mocking me. I could shut the laptop and yell, Ha sucka! I win, but ummm I kinda think I didn't win. I hate losing. So today, I write.

I started the day up at 6:43. Went back to sleep until 8ish. Watched some of The Today Show. Took a shower. I couldn't write with wet hair. I mean really, I could catch a cold. So I stayed in my room and read for a bit. Then turned the tv on. Rachel Ray was interviewing Chase aka Nate from Gossip Girl. Seeing as how I'm finishing a GG script it made sense to watch. Then I remembered I had an old episode of The View on my dvr with Blake and Penn, aka Serena and Dan, also from Gossip Girl. So yep, watched that too! Then I was ready!

I dried my hair, got together clothes, took them to the dry cleaner, went to the bank, went to Best Buy (bought a cooling fan for my computer, so ya see, these weren't time wasting things being done), stopped at Starbucks for a coffee and was then back home. Ready to write. Nope! I washed some grapes first. A nice healthy snack to grab while type type typing away. Finally sat in front of the computer and set up the cooling fan. It's very quiet which is nice. Then I checked TMZ, Perez and CNN.com. I like to mix it up. I checked TWOP (Television Without Pity), read the latest Yahoo News and now I'm here. I swear getting all of this done is not just a means of procrastination. But crap it's 1:15.

Ok, off to finish a script. As soon as I check the mail :)

Thanks for reading.
Enjoy your day.

2 comments:

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

love it love it love it. it's like you're sitting across from me telling me this. also, katy byers and i have been talking about how much the GG reviewers on nymag.com remind us of you. i think your blog has the potential to get some serious attention:)

katy byers said...

i LOVE that you have a blog...just one more thing to aid in the procratination in my own life. hooray for that!