Monday, April 28, 2008

Brothers & Sisters

Spoilers below!


Rebecca is not a Walker. All of us saw this coming, but that doesn't make it suck any less. We spend how many episodes trying to accept Rebecca as a Walker, only to come to really love her as a Walker, even if she's only half Walker, to be told she's not a Walker? WHO thought this was a good idea?? I want names! And addresses so I can send dead roses or something haunting like that. The whole Justin crushing on Rebecca is disturbing because he still thinks she's his sister. To quote a line from "The Truth About Cats and Dogs," "You can love your pets, just don't love your pets." Know what I'm saying?

If you missed it, Rebecca's paternity test proved David is her father and not William Walker. Emily VanCamp was amazing in her scenes. She confronted David and fell apart as she told him she fell in love with the Walkers. Awe Rebecca, you're only human. As messed up as they are, I too long to learn I'm a long lost sibling. Seriously though, Emily knocked it out of the park. At the charity event to raise money for pediatric aids and cancer research at the hospital (I think?), Rebecca tells Justin that William Walker is her dad. She lies. And you know what? Awesome. I'll accept that. Lie forever. But you know that can't happen. The truth will have to come out. While it will make for some kick ass scenes with Nora, Holly and the rest of the Walkers (can't wait for Sarah's reaction) I just wish it never has to happen. When Justin finds out he's gonna flip and whine and I say give him a beer or some strong meds. Kidding. I do know there's no way Justin and Rebecca should ever hook up. I repeat, it's disgusting. I've spent too much time believing they are siblings. And Justin needs to stop looking at Rebecca the way he looks at her. Creepy. Even the brothers pointed that out calling Rebecca Justin's girlfriend. I swear that scene on the beach when they called him out would've been funnier had we the viewer not seen it actually unfolding before our eyes.

There was some good stuff. Sarah drinking up a storm at the charity event. The boys surfing together. The brunch they were making for Nora. Kitchen scenes always rock. Robert was offered the spot as Vice President which had Kitty not so happy. She wants to be done with the campaigning and what-not. On one hand, I see her point -more time for their relationship and this baby they want to have. On the other foot, I see his point -this is his life, politics, and Kitty has known that since day one. This kind of drama makes me tense, but I can deal with it. I like it. It has nothing to do with incest. In the end, Robert turns down the offer because he really can't trust Taylor to listen to him; their ideas were too different when running against each other for the Republican nomination. Taylor stops Kitty to let her know Robert will forever see Kitty as the reason he didn't get to the White House. Kitty tells him off the best she can because she has enough to deal with. Kitty just learned that none of her embryos are good and she will need more rounds of hormone shots, tests and egg fertilization.

Saul makes that deal Graham wanted him to make with Ojai and Golden Plum. Sarah was against it and furious when she learned of the deal. She had a huge blow out with Saul and then a fight with Graham. After time to think, and a talk with Nora, she thought maybe she was too controlling and she needs to trust Saul and Graham. When she tells them this they inform her Golden Plum has gone bankrupt and now Ojai has to come up with 20 million dollars. I do believe we've been through this whole Ojai is going out of business thing before. Really, are the writers getting lazy?? They are seriously lucky they have amazing actors to sell these stories.

Kevin's live-in boyfriend Scotty got hurt at work, got stitches and a lovely medical bill thanks to the health care in this great country of ours. Kevin decides he and Scotty should file for domestic partnership so that Scotty can be covered by Kevin's benefits. Scotty is still holding out for a real traditional partnership and doubts Kevin is ready for that so for now they should wait a little longer.

I don't really know where the show goes from here. I fear they are actually going to bring Justin and Rebecca together and that makes me wonder how sick these writers are. Were they not disturbed by the Angelina and her brother's kiss at the Oscars a few years back?!

It's just sad that they've taken what I've loved and ripped it apart. I love good tv, especially a damn good drama, and the writers this season have ruined that good drama. I don't know if they can fix what they've done. I don't even know that they are owed a chance to do that, but I'll stay on board for the last couple of episodes this season. If only because the cast always blows me away each week.
--



No comments: