Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is that….laughter?


Why, I do believe it is! Or at least, it will be. Tonight “30 Rock” and “The Office” are back with new episodes. It’s also supposed to hit 70 degrees here in NY today. All of this has the makings of a very good day.

I'm not sure what happened last on either show. TV Guide probably has a synopsis if you need a recap. I for one, am going to jump right in and I'm sure I'll remember where we last left off as soon as the new episode starts.

I've managed to find TV to watch during the last few months. I've become addicted to TLC's "My First Home." It also shows how the mortgage crisis came to be. That is not the purpose of the show, but watch the loans people get - no down payment, homes they really can't afford and not the best credit history, and you have to wonder how many people are still in those homes? You watch and you know they think, 'Sure in a few years when the interest soars I will be making more money and can afford it.' Only they can't. Sad, really. "Greek" on ABC Family started it's second season (or second half of the first season?) and it's just as good as the first batch of episodes that aired in the fall. I'm still watching "The Hills" but I'm nervous because I think the show is starting to lose it's flare. Maybe two episodes a night is just too much...The Hills overload? I also watched all episodes of "Miss Guided." I like Judy Greer so I hope the show gets a second season. It's not great, but it has potential and let's face it, many comedies don't even show that these days (I'm looking at you, "Cavemen"). The weekends are for fun viewing. I usually have an episode or two of "Supernanny," a few eps of "John & Kate Plus 8" and you know there's a Lifetime or Hallmark movie patiently waiting for me to push play. I tried watching "The Real Housewives of NYC," but wow- terrible! At least the ladies on "TRH of Orange County" were funny, even if that was never their intention. The NYC ladies are too catty and not likeable. I hit a real low when I started watching VH-1's "My Kid's a Star" hosted by Danny Bonaduce. Then got lower when I watched E!'s True Hollywood Story: The Kardashian Family. I'm not sure if watching "Girls Next Door" is a low, but it is entertaining. And last, but not least, I'm watching "Melrose Place." For some reason I've been waking up at the ungodly hour of 6:30am on Saturday morning. Discovering "Melrose" on SoapNet has been a blessing. It's followed by "90210" and we're still in the Brenda years. The clothes, music, hairstyles of the 90's- oh my! But more on that in another post.

I should point out that I do read and quite a bit, thanks to all the repeats these past few months, there was so much more time to do that. I was given lots of books earlier this month for my birthday and just picking which one to start next is always a fun dilemma. More to come this weekend on my recent literary adventures. In case you are looking for a book now..Jhumpa Lahiri's new book, short stories, was released this month. I can't wait to sit back and enjoy it this weekend. After "Melrose," of course!

Well, it's upfront season and work is calling my name. I really should've changed it after the first upfront season. Oy! But this is still the craziest and most fun time of the year. And this year, I got smart! I have a facial lined up for next weekend and possibly a massage (never had one, still wavering), a mani/pedi next Wednesday and a trip to the hair salon the week after. I was even able to get an appointment at Anastasia's brow salon (at a Sephora store) with my favorite "technician" during this Friday's lunch. I've strategically placed each relaxing event so it's taking place right when I need the break. Now let's just hope I'm able to keep all of these appointments!


Sit back, relax and enjoy the comedies tonight for tomorrow is finally Friday!

1 comment:

Kristen Robbins Warren said...

i love your schedule for next week. i've never had a facial, but have gotten massages...we should trade information:) i need to learn how to build time for relaxation into my schedule!