Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Dentures or Implants?

(dental implants, pervs) I'm so sick of problems with my teeth. I brush them, I drink a lot of water and I do my best at staying away from soda and drinks made from sugar. I haven't had a pixie stick in years. I'd love a cherry pixie stick right about now. I could go for the boost in energy. But sugar is bad for teeth so I limit the amount. So then why are my teeth in such bad shape? Argh. This is why I'm considering having them all removed and replaced with dentures or implants. Implants are tres pricey, but the cost of Fixodent will eventually catch up, yes? No? Oh well, I just scheduled another appointment with my dentist (she's totally my new bff) so I'll stop complaining for a bit. And I suppose I'll floss more regularly. Sigh.

Speaking of candy....has anyone tried to eat a roll of Sweet Tarts lately? I tried a few years back and the package lasted for at least a full week. Just sitting right there on my desk for me to snack on whenever I wanted. No adult around telling me to save some for later or share with your sister or save room for dinner. How could Sweet Tarts ruin dinner?? I eventually threw the uneaten Tarts that remained into the garbage. I discovered- 1 Tart is nice, 2 Tarts and they get tarty, 3 Tarts and I get sick. Then dinner is in fact ruined as is every other meal that was to come after the Tarts. As a kid I can recall walking to the candy store with my sister Katie and friends and when we finally decided the candy of choice we'd pay, open it and usually have it eaten before we returned home. My mom used to ask us how we ate those things?? But mom they are sooooo goood! And now, I wonder how we ever ate them, too. I was also shocked to discover that same candy store charged 80cents for the candy. It was only 50 cents when I was a kid. Next thing we know gas will be like, $3.23 a gallon and once again we'll be walking to the stores.

Now for something more random than dental implants and candy blogs....
Greek. That would be the ABC Family TV Show. Does anyone watch? It's so so very good. If you went to a college with a Greek system it just makes the viewing process that much funnier. The second season starts March 24th while the first season DVDs come out on March 18th. I suggest you Netflix them if ABC Fam doesn't run a marathon. You seriously will not be disappointed. Fear not your age- it's for us out of college "kids" as well as those in college. The season finale set a record for the network- the most watched episode of an original series on the cable net among 18-34 year olds. See, we fit in there! Geek revolves around a freshman geeky guy in college who decides to pledge a fraternity. His sister attends the same school, is in a popular sorority and is way cooler than her younger bro. As the official website states, the show "focuses on the social minefield that is the Greek system." It's very funny, well written and well acted. I give it lots of "snaps."

Thanks for reading.
The Tuesday work day is half gone. yay!


No comments: