Thursday, February 7, 2008

LMN, anyone?

I’d like for everyone to please stand up. You too, back there in the corner. Thanks. All of you, who are able to get The Lifetime Movie Network, please sit down. That’s right…I’m still standing. WTF? Why is it so impossible for Cablevision to add this network? They already include the regular Lifetime channel in one of their overpriced packages. Yes, I’d pay more for LMN. This week alone I’ve missed – “The Man With Three Wives” (and you know how I love a good polygamy story), “’Til Lies Do Us Part,” “Love Thy Neighbor” and tonight I’m missing “She Woke Up Pregnant.” Which if I recall, and I don’t mean to give anything away, but the dentist did it. Sick, I know. That’s why I have a female dentist.

Earlier in the week, “Those She Left Behind” aired. Joanna Kerns starred in the 1989 made-for-TV movie. Ironically enough, she was also in “The Man With Three Wives.” But back to TSLB…. if I’m correct, Gary Cole (“Office Space” – Bill Lumbergh!) and Mary Page Keller (Life Goes On) were married, had a baby, the mom died during childbirth, dad has to raise baby, can’t handle it, gives her up for adoption, family is pissed, dad has a change of heart, wants baby back, in the end he gets the baby back. I remember the final scene, which is a bit fuzzy in the brain, but Joanna Kerns (friend of the father) is outside the father’s house with him when he notices the car in his driveway has a license plate that reads ‘from Katie’ or something heart tugging like that. Oh, the baby was named Katie. I don’t know if Joanna Kerns bought him the car or what the deal was, but that movie is never played on the regular Lifetime. Not in the last decade anyway. It makes me sad to think of what else I’m missing. All of those wonderful Saved By the Bell/90210 actor made-for-tv movies…are they on LMN? Valerie Bertinelli, Markie Post, Gerald ‘Major Dad’ McRaney, Nancy McKeon, Veronica Hammel, Barry Bostwick…..and so many more.

I’m going to e-mail Cablevision again. They said it wouldn’t work with GAC (Great American Country), but I suppose they got tired of my emails because that channel was recently added. I will fight the good fight and I will not rest until I can do so on my couch with a warm blanket, a cup of hot chocolate and LMN on my TV screen.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

im with u... i have been searching like a nut for this channel only to come to realize that they dont have it.... wtf is right... we pay enough... why would we even be paying for lifetime and to see another channel on there advertised that we cannot see and get all excited over to see a movie.........errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr im pissed and im gonna let them know

Anonymous said...

i know this is ridiculous. I was dying to see this movie on Sunday and had all the promos on Lifetime but these bastards dont carry LMN WTF!!!!!!

Unknown said...

I am just as upset since they have been advertising this movie(Natalee Holloway) not realizing that it was the LMN - I HAVE CABLEVISION AND THEY DO NOT OFFER IT. MAYBE WE SHOULD SWITCH.

Anonymous said...

wtf is right i am paying an arm for their services which literally sucks all the channels give the same crap over and over needless to say all cable companies are all alike but why the hell do i not have lmn let me guess they're just setting us true lifetime watchers up for another bill like for example cablevision will sent out an notice telling it's cust that it will add lmn for an added monthly fee!!! if they even try it we should all get together and boycott there greedy asses.

Anonymous said...

This is soooo stupid. how can you advertise a movie and make people believe its on one channel when its really on a channel you can't get. i was waiting to see the natalee hollaway movie and i don't understand why they just don't add this channel or just premiere the movie on the regular lifetime channel!! im soo effin pissed.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was disappointed when I realized that Cablevision does not have the LMN channel. I wanted to see the Natalee Hollaway movie. Cablevision has been "taking away" channels. When will they add channels like LMN channel.

Anonymous said...

I agree i love LMN. When i lived at home with my parents they had a satelite and i watched my saturdays and sundays away with LMN. Now im in my own home, and i have cablevision and the only channel i wanted is not available WTF??? Come on Cablevision get with the program LITERALLY!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would love to see LMN play more of the older movies such as The Tray Thurman Story, & I know my first name is Steven. Those are actually two subjects that need more airtime in hopes that someone in this situation just might be wathing and it may just give thrm the courage to get out of their own abusive situation (Tray Thurman story) My own daughter went through a similar situation and it took 6 years and numerous beatings from her husband and pleading from me. then five years after she divorsed him she discovered he had molested both her sons, one of which was his own biological child, not to mention was 6 months old at the time! The law says since so much time has passed that it is just the childs word against his (SO NOTHING WAS DONE) Now my olldest grandson suffers from multiple mental problems and nightmares and always will because of this monster! Thamk God the baby was too young to remember! But maybe stories like this , even if they prompt one woman to get out of their situation would make it worth airing!!!!!!!!